Blog for Jackie Sue while at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN. UPDATED. This blog now covers her progress after her mini-allo MUD transplant. Her transplant was the first one to be performed by the Mayo Clinic.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Saturday Night Update

From Bruce:

Just a quick update to let everyone know Jackie is still feeling well.

We drove to the Twin Cities area today and went by the Mall of America. On the way back, we stopped at a little antique store and Jackie found an antique double-strand pearl necklace at a great price.

We finished up the evening with a great dinner at the Chardonnay restaurant (suggested by Stanley and Ruth Lapidus and Dr. Olsen from Tulsa).

From Jackie:

Hello out there to all you. I just want to say how very much I appreciate the love and support from each of you at home. I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to me to know I have your prayers. I have been taken care of like a babe in a cradle because of your prayers. I feel like the luckiest person in the world to have so many friends and family that are the cream of the crop of the human race. Gosh..... how does one person get so many good people like you guys????

Your phone calls have been great. It is refreshing to hear your voices. By the way Terri Graves has a direct line to God she tells me and I think she has me on line one and holding. It is working so if anybody gets a busy signal I will be glad to share a conference call but sorry I won't disconnect. Ha! By the way fyi it is a "Nationwide Plan" with no penalties or surcharges. Text messages are obsolete...they say a guy named "Moses" was the last dude to use that method. The new way seems to be voice recognition only. Well I think you get the picture you are a pretty savvy group.

Bruce mentioned I got a deal on a strand of pearls. I am telling you GIRLS they are gorgeous. I paid a whopping $4.27 for them. Of course we aren't sure they are real but the clasp says Sterling silver and they are definitely old...probably antique costume jewelry. They will be cataloged and added to the family estate jewelry but are available to anyone to check out for loan. HA!!!!

Now comes the time I have to brag a little on my husband. He has been my "knight in shining armor" for years. Although at times he has ridden in on a jack ass instead of a white horse (if you are married you know what I mean) I have only seen the White Horse lately. He has been a trooper. I would walk to the end of the earth with this guy! Not to mention he does the laundry...even has learned the skill of separation of whites and darks. When I explained it was a lot like segregation he picked it up rather quickly. He also knows the laundry rule of "one pink sock in a white load can rock ones world."

I guess I am off to bed. I need to figure out how to send this before the "Blog Nazi" catches me. Keep the prayers coming and I love you all. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and oh what thanks I have to give this year. Hope to see everyone soon in Pryor Creek if not I will pay for turkey dinner in Rochester for anyone who shows up!

Love you all and God bless each of you.
Jackie

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jackie
Sounds like a great weekend you had. What with the polka festival and all. What is that about God's timing. If you had been released to come home earlier you would have missed Sven!

We are praying that the visit with the Dr. goes well tomorrow and we see you THIS WEEK!

Love
Janees

5:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home