Blog for Jackie Sue while at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN. UPDATED. This blog now covers her progress after her mini-allo MUD transplant. Her transplant was the first one to be performed by the Mayo Clinic.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunday +18 (9:15 AM)

Jackie continues to run a high fever. Last night she spiked at 104.1 at 4:00 AM. At this point they don't have any idea why she is running a fever. All the cultures have come back negative so far. Her blood pressure remains good. An altered blood pressure could indicate an infection. It is possible that her fever is still a result of the engraftment or one of the antibiotics. They are going to have the infectious disease doctor take another look at her to see if the can determine what might be the cause. Today she is getting her 3-a-day IV antibiotic infusion as well as another unit of fluids this morning.

The results of the chimerism test is back. Keep in mind it was started earlier in the week (day +13 or 14?). The results show a 60% donor engraftment. They want to see a result in the 90s by day 30 and 100% by day 100. I THINK they are happy with 60%.

I don't have blood counts for today. I will have them by this afternoons IV antibiotics infusion.

Until Later,

Bruce and Jackie
Rochester, MN


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounding a little better.

Good luck

10:12 AM

Blogger Jerry Taylor said...

Linda and I continue to read Bruce's updates everyday. Although it has been a long slide, we pray things are near the bottom and are ready to start the climb back up the hill. You have always boosted our spirits by being so up beat and prepared to see only the best, we are tapping our own resources of prayer to hold you up. I know this time is also very difficult for Bruce; we wish we knew more we could do. If there is anything, just let us know.

Jerry and Linda

11:05 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I love you. Jerry is right this has to be the bottom and time to climb to the top. Keeping you in my prayers.

1:45 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home