Blog for Jackie Sue while at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN. UPDATED. This blog now covers her progress after her mini-allo MUD transplant. Her transplant was the first one to be performed by the Mayo Clinic.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Saturday +159 (Evening)

They did not release Jackie today. They felt it best to observe her for at least another 24 hours due the type of IV drugs that were administered. She will probably be released on Sunday. I am not certain how long they will want her to remain in Rochester for observation.

In reading about her condition it seems that Prednisone usually cures the problem quickly. In most cases in 12-48 hours. The problem is classed as a type of pneumonia.

I did not spend much time at the hospital today. It seems I am coming down with a cold/flu:( I'm not certain how we will avoid contact, but I will have to be VERY careful when she returns. Fortunately my cold has not gotten bad and feels like it could be of the 24 hour variety.

Until later....

Bruce and Jackie
From Rochester, MN

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you guys will be coming back soon. Is that a google ad at the top of the blog?
---KB

9:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See you when you get back. If I can help, let me know.
BFT

10:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home